Monday, April 13, 2009

Apartment Therapy



So. How have I decluttered and reorganized my home you ask? Well, some of you have asked. I stumbled upon an amazing, life-changing book/activity/project called Apartment Therapy: The 8 Step Home Cure (buy the book or download it to your kindle!)

This is the website that has also helped change my home (started by the author.) This is the section on the website that will give you tons of ideas and inspiration and help along the way with The Cure.

It is the first organization book that has ever made sense to me. It has heart and soul and you don't need to buy anything or be rich or have a beautiful house. It's all about putting the heart back into your home. It is a lovely, doable, manageable progression from week to week. It might have saved my marriage (and I am not kidding.)

We are actually stuck on week 2 still, but the hub and I are loving it. This book is for you if:

1. You hate your house

2. You love your house

3. You need a small change

4. You need a big change

5. You don't know what change, if any, you need

6. You want to redo your whole house

7. You only want to redo one room

8. You have great personal style

9. You have zero style

10. You are soooo organized!

11. You are a recovering slobaholic (like me)

12. Your house is perfect

13. Your house is a disaster

Catch my drift? EVERY.SINGLE.ONE.OF.YOU. can have a life changing moment with this book. I cannot recommend it enough.

That is my home reorganization secret. If I can do it? You can do it. Even if you think your house is perfect - read this book. It can be more perfect. I promise.

No comments: