Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Grateful: Day Six

Today I am grateful for the sunshine and traces (just traces!) of warmth.

I am a person who loves weather. I mean REAL weather. Thunderstorms, rainshowers, sleet, snow, hail, tornadoes (not near me), cold snaps, deep freezes, etc. I want anything but 100 degree heat and sunshine.

But, I am discovering that I am also a person who much prefers the heat to the cold. I cannot stand being cold. As I type this post I sit here with frozen hands. I've been inside for several hours now and my hands remain cold as ice. I hate that. I really marvel at the fact that Mike used to live in Fairbanks where it would get to 45 below. Can you imagine? Can you imagine???

I just stepped outside to greet the mailman and the temperature is starting to creep up to the 50s and the sun is shining brightly. It was just the tiniest bit warm and it felt so good. I love that feeling of sunshine warming a cold body. The mid-summer Texas heat is still undesirable but oh how I love a beautiful Spring day with a temperature in the low 70s and the sun shining in the sky.

Carry on ;-)

No comments: