Monday, January 11, 2010

Grateful: Day Five

Today I am grateful for my two best friends: Stephanie and Clarissa.

Here they are:





Here's what we like to do:

EAT. AND EAT SOME MORE. This is Babe's restaurant somewhere in BFE in the Dallas Metroplex. The best chicken fried steak in all the land. And the salad! Suspiciously sweet. When they bring the biscuits you can actually have the choice of sorghum (!) or honey. I think sorghum is illegal in most parts of the land (straight molasses). Only Kidding!




We like to huddle together and look cute.


Don't they look like an ad for a magazine? This is them leading the way to our other favorite thing in the world...


Shopping. More Shopping. Always shopping. At our Mecca. (We didn't buy anything full price of course and could only sneak around the scary sales room in the back. Read prior post on Anthrolopologie here.


Too poor to buy these hats, I pathetically suggested we take pictures of ourselves in them.


Here is Clarissa confirming what she already knew: Still no money in that wallet to buy anything here ;-)


Here is Stephanie doing what she does best: buying something only to return it in a week. She has made returning things an artform.


This is the store where my girls told me I needed to buy "age-appropriate" clothes and proceeded to usher me out in shame.


On to the next store...(by the way, Clarissa is consulting her iPhone which we made her do 1,000,000 times. Those phones are wicked cool!!!)


I have been friends with these gals (they are childhood best friends) since 1991. Ugh. How long is that? OMG. Nineteen years. Holy shit we're old.
I love them I love them I love them I love them I love them.
Stephanie and Clarissa, I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR YOU!

2 comments:

Art With Macie said...

Aaaaahh! Thanks so much! Love the pictures. And, I will have you know, I did not return anything from that trip! Ha! Maybe should have....

I love you guys too and am very grateful for you too!!!! Can't wait to get together AGAIN!

Clarissa said...

LOVE these pictures!! That was so much fun! Wish i had the budget to do it more often! ha!!

Love y'all too and I miss y'all all the time!

Did you ever find the jeans or boots of your dreams??

Steph how was that skin care stuff you got?? You love it??