Friday, November 7, 2008

An Explanation

So I know I sounded all erratic the other day with my "quitting this business" post. and thank you for all your support in the comments!!! i wasn't seeking compliments, really I wasn't. i was venting. sorry for that. however, I am going to take a several month hiatus. no one was mean to me, but people have been this year - I just haven't mentioned it! ask me about some of the drama i've dealt with this year! here's the thing: i don't know how to run a business! are you kidding me? what do I know? I threw myself head first into this like i do everything and have learned along the way. i still work too hard and take up way too much of my life with my business. and that's not fun anymore. over the next few months i'm going to regroup and plan and make the business work for ME. because you know what? i'm damn good at what I do. this i know for sure (thanks oprah.)
I am a wonderful lifestyle photographer and people are sooooo lucky to have me do what i do for their families. ha. i said it. i rule. i wish i could hire me to capture my family (with me IN the pictures too). what i don't rule at is managing my time and my finances. i'm going to work at that and come back better than ever.
the end.

2 comments:

Clarissa said...

whoa! i totally missed this in my dad-burn travels! You DO rule and i hope you're able to come back bigger and better than ever--and SOON!!! enjoy the time off and recharge them batteries for an awesome spring 2009!

Jennifer said...

SARA!!! NO WAY! You better never leave photography, I would die without your works! Seriously- you take amazing pictures and you truly capture people at that exact moment. If I win the lottery, I'll hire you to be my own personal photographer and I would never mistreat! :):)