Thursday, May 7, 2009

Donations Needed

Hello local readers,
If you can help out, please do. Contact me at saramoonphotography@gmail.com. I will figure out how to get your donations where they need to go. Read below. This is from the coordinator of the volunteer committee at my mom's company in the Woodlands. She just happened to send it to me to get any baby girl clothes we no longer need and it really made me sad and thankful at the same time.

"I'll give you a little background info on Victor...started with my company in 2002 after coming to the States from Guatemala. His first couple years here were trial and error, but after meeting his wife, he has changed his life for the better. She is deeply religious, and opened Victor's eyes to God. If we pick up furniture from a customer that is to be disposed of, Victor will take it and donate it to his church even though he could sell it. After learning that they were expecting, I asked him what he needed and the only thing he said was a crib. So, I gave him Avery's crib. A week before she was due, I did go to Target and pick up things, just to make sure they had them at the apartment. Well after several hours of labor, 3 hours of pushing, she was rushed for an emergency c-section. I went to their apartment the day they came home from the hospital because they have no family here, and saw that they needed much more than I thought. I went to Target that day and bought sanitary pads, nursing pads, a nursing bra (she didn't have any of these things), baby towels, baby wash, baby shampoo, lotion, alcohol, diapers, a few outfits, blankets and dreft. They are basically in need of so much. Items I think they could use.....a swing, baby clothes 0-3 months and up, high chair (for later on), exersaucer. As far as their house goes... pots and pans, dishes, basically anything. (shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothpaste, deodorant). Work has been so slow and he has not been getting the hours, so he really needs his cash to pay for rent and bills. Let me know if you have any questions, and I can't thank you enough for your help with this."

No comments: