Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I know!

I know I'm a nut. A complaining nut. You don't have to tell me, or think it even! Trust me, I know. Howevah...hear me out.

Lily is so high maintenance it drives me to insanity. The last week has been particularly trying.

Bedtime: We finally converted her crib (yes, she was STILL in her crib) to the toddler bed about a month ago. Went like a dream for the first 2 weeks, now she has figured out that she can get out of bed at will. One night I rolled over and found her next to me. Egads! She scared the bejeezus out of me. I marched her back to bed very nicely. Another night she came in around 2 and I was too flippin' tired to take her back, so she stayed. These days the nights are all a big long blur. I get up for one kid or the other so often I lose track. Now, little Miss has taken to fighting us at bedtime. Up and down, up and down she goes. We are trying to be so consistent and not give in - but it's so exhausting!

Potty: (OMG she is going to be the oldest child to wear pull ups EVER.) Last night Natalie, Lily and I took a bath together. Afterwards Lily and Natalie were in their towels on my bed before I plopped them into their jammas. Lily opens her legs spread eagle looks down at her hoo-ha and lets the pee FLOW people. I was flabbergasted. SO ANGRY. I yanked her down off the bed and she thought it was soooo funny. I somehow, beyond belief, managed to keep my cool and ignore what just happened. Not 5 minutes later I had her in her diaper for bed (it creeps me out she's still in a diaper for bed - I'll admit it) and she calmly asked to go to the potty. WTF???????????????????????????????????????????????????? One minute she's spread eagle peeing on my bed, the next minute she asks all grown up to go to the potty. WTF??????????????

Scooter: Remember my sweet post about the scooter? She still likes it but boy does that thing cause her to melt down. The helmet is too loose, she can't steer, she can't make it go, it's going too fast, blah blah blah.

Shoes: I am such a shoe lover. That kid. If the shoe has the slightest issue (too tight, too big) or her socks have "lumpy bumps" she pitches a fit. Much to my dismay, after all the cute shoes I've gotten her, she lives in purple Crocs. They are the only shoes she never complains about. I even went online to find seamless socks, ordered them, put them on her and even THEY bug her.

Bathtime: From the first time I ever had her in the tub she gives me problems. The girl HATES having any water whatsoever on her face. I have never had a successful, pleasant hairwashing with her. There is ALWAYS crying involved.

What??: OK. She's also started to say "What??" all the time as if she can't hear you. I am on the verge of taking her to the doctor to have her hearing tested. All the time with the what-ing. I think she's just doing it to be a POOP, y'all.

I'm just tired of the infinite number of battles/issues we have.

And the next instant she is so charming it kills me. Driving along listening to the cd mentioned below, she chimes in with "Mommy, that's a violin." And darned if it was.

2 comments:

Clarissa said...

oh girl! you're hilarious!! i have to say i relate to lily and the water in the face/hairwashing. i screamed bloody murder everytime until...i don't even remember when it stopped. i was actually late to my own 4th bday party (SERIOUSLY, a VERY clear memory) because i was too busy pitching a fit about having my hair washed, brushed and put into mexi-braids. everyone was already there and enjoying the party by the time i came out all snotty and puffy from crying all morning long. my grandmother wanted to kill me, i'm sure. ;)

Unknown said...

I put Campbell in a time out for the first time today, and when it was over I told her to apologize, she said no, I told her she would get another time out, she looked at me and said "go set the timer". Seriously wanted to strangle her! Parenting is by far the hardest job ever!!!!