Thursday, October 2, 2008

Glimpses

Yesterday afternoon I picked up Lily from her preschool at 3 p.m. She proceeded to be the most wonderful little girl ev-ah for the duration of the day. Cooperative, cheerful, funny, pleasant, cooperative, cooperative, did I mention cooperative? And I freakin' love how she says asparagus - sparekins. She ate a great dinner, took a lovely bath, brushed her teeth - all without so much as a grunt of disobedience. I'm not saying I want a little mini-me who does exactly like I tell her and yes ma'ams me. But cooperation, sweet cooperation is nice every once in a while.

This leaves me to wonder why on some days (very few days) things go like clockwork and my child is so pleasant? On most days it is a day-long struggle of wills between the two of us. Everything is a battle (albeit a small battle). Why can I catch glimpses of such an easygoing kid, but the majority of the time she's a pistol? What am I doing wrong, or right on the respective days?

Cuz I'd like to adopt the Lily that came home from school with me yesterday.

No comments: