Monday, October 20, 2008

Sad, Glad, Nervous, Thrilled all at once

Sad: Mike called me from school this morning at about 7:20. I said hello, he said hello. Long pause - then I got all annoyed and was like, "Hellllllloooooooo?" He choked back to me that one of his students committed suicide over the weekend. It made my skin go all hot and crawly. Mike was so upset and had to go welcome a room full of kids. Teaching can be rough like that.

Glad: Sundry makes me glad. Do you read her? Her post today made me giggle when she used the word "hoopty". What a brilliant writer she is. The words just flow from her keyboard like buttah.

Nervous: My mama is having a big ol' surgery today to correct all sorts of problems that being pregnant with ME has caused her all these years later. All sorts of internal shenanigans.

Thrilled: Colin Powell - ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You said what is true so eloquently and rationally. Couldn't agree with you more!

And some pics for Monday:


See how googly she makes me? That's a proud mama right there, y'all.

2 comments:

The Pollards said...

What a beautiful picture of you! You look great, and Natalie, I could eat her with a spoon!

m.e. said...

I love these photos, Sara ;-) You look lovely, and, well, little Natalie is just a squishy-vision...so adorable.

I am so sorry to hear about Mike's student...that is rough. and I really hope your mom's surgery goes well.

Miss you!