Friday, December 12, 2008

Blizzard of '08

This ain't dandruff, people. Check ol' Houston out!!!!
It just so happened that we had pre-planned to get our Christmas tree on this day. Cosmic forces intervened to give us a snowy afternoon to do so. I was like a ridiculously excited puppy. MORE EXCITED than Lily. The guy at the Christmas tree place found me appalling, I'm sure. He stood around for 15 minutes in the cold and snow staring at us (tree, ma'am, which tree????)while I dragged my family around the lot taking pictures of us in the "winter wonderland" that is Houston Garden Center. I made believe I was in the Pacific Northwest, y'all. Cut me some slack. We don't get much beauty in these parts :-(







Look at us in our evergreen forest! hahahahahahahahaha
Mike picking out the perfect tree.
Lily giving me the cold shoulder after snapping my bazillionth picture.






I had asked her to catch snowflakes and close her eyes and it all proved too much.

2 comments:

Clarissa said...

finally!!! i was dying to see y'all's snow pictures!! awesome!!!
looks like y'all had lots of fun!
i'm so jealous. i neeeeeed a snow day.

m.e. said...

I LOVE these photos, Sara!!! ;-)