Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Things to Remember and other nonsense

Yesterday, the girls and I were at Kindermusik. OMG we love Kindermusik. I wish we had it everyday. Lily's been going for well over a year now and Natalie started a few months back. Lily goes to her own class now without me, while Natalie and I attend a class together down the hall (at the same time as Lily's class.) Natalie's baby class is so dang cute. Well, the big deal yesterday was sweet Natalie Noodle clapped for the first time ever! Yay! I pointed it out to all the moms and when she did it again they all clapped and cheered her on - so it was very exciting. People without children (and heck, even Dads?) may think this seems silly to get so riled up over, but when your baby does something new with purpose it just makes the world seem like a better place. Small joys ;-)

Also of note yesterday, while Lily and I were at the breakfast table I asked her what she was going to ask Santa for Christmas. She thought for a minute and said, "A bigger placemat." ????????????????????????????????? Alrighty, then!

Speaking of...here is Lily's latest letter to Santa. She wrote it out and told me it says I LOVE YOU SANTA CLAUS. LILY. She wanted to hang it on the fireplace so he knows it's her house. She asked me for tape and everything. She didn't write down anything she wanted, she just wanted Santa to recognize her and to take the note back home with him to the North Pole. She is so sweet. Behold:




I love how she writes her name in all straight sticks - because when you think about it...that's what her name looks like.



And then there's our Penny Moon - the new dog. This is what she does on a daily basis:

If you look closely, I have numbered all the shoes. She brings one of each shoe out of (usually my) closet. Any shoe will do, but she prefers anything furry. Like my gajillion dollar Ugg boots. She deposits them on the living room floor. Other juicy temptations for her are any and all stuffed animals. Being relatives of Catherine Moon's, this house does NOT LACK OF STUFFED ANIMALS. Thankfully, Penny just slobbers them, as opposed to shredding them. Thank heavens for small mercies.

I will close by announcing that I have removed my live feed widget off the sidebar because one of my favorite Noodle and Bean readers let me know it was freaking.her.the.hell.out. I promise I didn't add it to spy on people, I just saw it on another blog and thought it was way cool. It also let me know if anyone besides her was reading! If you read Noodle and Bean and have never commented, please let me know you're here by leaving a comment! And you can subscribe to the blog to receive updates in your inbox when I post something new in the sidebar to the right. It says "Follow Along" and you can get hooked up that way.

I will be posting some wicked cool photos of Lily on the other blog in a minute. At least I think they're wicked cool. And, I'll be posting some wedding pics over there, too. I did a BANG UP JOB on this last wedding. And I do mean LAST wedding. I don't think I'm cut out for weddings. By the end of the night my back kills me and boy do I ever drag my feet getting those pics edited. I edited 617 pictures people. Whoa.

Whew! I rambled today. Must be lonely. xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxxo

3 comments:

Pacific Personal Training/CrossFit Hillsboro said...

I don't know if I'm the one who that widget was freaking out, but I think I can say I was a little freaked out. Then I decided I wanted to add one to my blog, but got sidetracked along the way. Cause you know anything Sara does with her blog, Shelly has to do. ;) So I added you to my Yahoo so that when I log on to my Yahoo home page I get your latest update. This way I can quit stalking you. I'm so happy Natalie can clap now when she sees us come off the plane. Every little thing is so huge, I know! Gavin did the sign for banana today and said "MOOOO".

Clarissa said...

clapping is the dang cutest thing! congrats to little natalie!!
ps. i think santa clarissa has something ready to mail that might make lily's tableware dreams come true. we're like, so on the same wavelength... ;)

Stephanie said...

So so sweet! The clapping, the santa request...LOVE IT!! You have to keep that letter Forever! You are doin it all right Sara. I LOVE THE SHOES. That is so freakin cute too! The whole post made me smile.