Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Blather

Some randomness for you:
1. I've lost 10 pounds of late. Yay! Don't ask me how...it's not healthy.
2. I am becoming so.dang.thrifty. Pretty soon Raegen Takahata won't have nothin' on me! Inside Vancouver, WA joke.
3. We, as a little family, are broke. Whose fault is this? Mine. All mine. I do not know how to save money. It's crunch time now, though. When pushed, I can do anything. See number 2 above.
4. I am going to go on a 3 month buying hiatus. This means I will purchase absolutely nothing, and I do mean nothing, for myself. I need to break some baaaaaaaaad habits.
5. Feeling very good about my New Year's Wishlist. I will update on that soon with progress. I didn't see many of your resolutions in my comments or links to your blogs! I wanna know! I saw Miss Tonya is going to run her ass off, and I am so proud. Girl, YOU can totally do it. You have more stamina than I ever had at running. Will never forget how it was you who literally trained me for my marathon. Mwah!
6. Hubby and I are in a good place right now. Some of the recent drama and money situation has drawn us closer for once, rather than pitted us against each other.
7. I'm totally bailing out on my 365 days of self portraits. Oy vey. I could not keep up, nor am I creative enough to take an interesting photo of myself every day. I'm going to change it to once a week. Much more manageable.
8. Have you all seen Slumdog Millionaire or Benjamin Button? I loved Slumdog (on my all time favorite list) and Benjamin was interesting and sweet, but it didn't change my life. What have YOU seen lately that you would recommend?

Be back later with more stuff.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sorry to hear you are broke. That really sucks. But, it is SO SO good that it is not causing problems between you and Mike. That is what a good marriage should do, support thru the tough times. Spending is such a hard habit to break. But, budgeting can be kind of fun, you can stretch your creative side. You should check out the coupon craze. I know a few people who really get into it and get all sorts of stuff for free. And, when you do start shopping again, don't go to Anthropology, go to Ebay and search for Anthropology stuff! Ok, this is getting long... but must know about the losing 10 lbs. Its not crack is it?

Tonya said...

I agree with Stephanie, Thrifty can be creative. I know someone who puts actual cash in envelopes and marks each envelope for what it's for, Groceries, Gas, Fun, Utilities etc...I remember her saying it was a lot easier to wrap her brain around it that way, and with she and her husband both using the same bank account, it was easier to keep tabs on the account with basically nobody using it because everything is in cash. Just an idea.
OH and by the way....I'm not up to 20 miles a week yet. I have a huge blister and an aching back. Seeing a chiropractor..I fell apart after 40!