Thursday, January 29, 2009

Friday - We made it!

(ETA: This is the post I posted yesterday like a damn fool.)

Well, it's Friday. Sooooo looking forward to the weekend. Both of my girlies have been sick - Lily since last Friday (and she had to stay.home.from.school.boo.) and now Natalie. Baby Natalie Noodle has the most hideous cough. It's heartbreaking. Mike and I took her to the emergency "clinic" last night to make sure she wasn't going to keel over with pneumonia. It was that bad. Nope, she was fine. Makes you feel like such a boob when there's nothing *really* wrong. You can never be too careful, though, right? Ask me about how a few weeks ago we took her to the real live emergency room when her temperature was 96 degrees. Yeah, we looked like bigger boobs then.
It's my favorite day of the year tomorrow - Jan. 31. MY BIRTHDAY! Yahoo!!! I just love birthdays. I really do feel like this date was made especially for me. When I hear "Jan. 31st" on commercials I get all tingly. That's MY DAY they're talking about ;-) Mike and I are handing over Noodle and Bean as early as possible tomorrow and will spend the day possibly in silence, lying down, relishing the peace and quiet and maybe even taking a nap. Ahhhhhh....then we'll go to Pappasitos (using gift cards...thanks to SM!!!). Because have I mentioned we're very poor? It's good for us to be this strapped for cash. Teaching me so much...
Then, we have good ol' SuperBowl Sunday. I really love sports, but pretty much can't stand the Super Bowl. It's just so over the top. Plus, could give two flips about the teams in it this year. To Mike, it is a holy day and I have been clearly instructed to make no demands of him. I must admit that last year I had him going to Old Town Spring for some crazy reason the morning of the Bowl and he was none too pleased. He still brings it up.
I would also like to mention that if you think anyone else would be interested in reading this blog, please send me their email and I will add them on. I know people who check in infrequently might be feeling slighted that they were not able to get in and it's not meant to be that way. I'll gladly take more readers (not that I have anyone else who cares, I realize.)
Just for fun, here are some recent pics. You might have seen these on my flickr, but if not...



















P.S. Just found an amazing singer/songwriter named Ane Brun. Farrell...get on this! She's on itunes and has her own website. Listen to this.

3 comments:

Tonya said...

Happy Birthday to YOU!!! Enjoy your Day tomorrow!

Stephanie said...

Oh poor Natalie! You did the right thing taking her in. It could have been something. My friend's little girl has croop right now and that can be serious. You never know. We had a suck week too. Ice day, John working late. Ugh. Hope you had a good Birthday! I love what you said about the date... I love the way my birthday sounds too! I always thought December 17 sounded pretty. Hee hee!

Clarissa said...

poor little natalie!! poor little maris!!! i hope all your girls are back to their sweet, sweet selves! :)

sorry, y'all. july 18 is the prettiest sounding day of all. ;)

hope your bday was wonderful, Sara!