Wednesday, January 21, 2009

More Today, than yesterday



My morning ritual is: take care of my babies and WATCH TODAY SHOW. The Today Show is like a member of my family. Matt Lauer? Yum. Meredith? Eh. She's grown on me. Ann Curry? She is just about up there with Mother Teresa in my book (soooooo nice! so perfect.) Al Roker? Ugh.




Anyhoo, watched the inauguration yesterday through their eyes and loved every second of it. Today, however, watching all the recaps and discussion I can't get the tears out of my eyes. Hence the title of my post - more moved today, than yesterday even! I am so proud and excited to have Barack Obama as our president.


I loved:

watching the President and First Lady looking so in love and like a team all day long.

their adorable girls seeming so well adjusted and poised.

the people that turned out to watch - all 2 million of them!

the flags all waving (chills!!!)

that Aretha Franklin looked awesome and sang for real, no lip synching.

hearing Tom Brokaw get all choked up talking about the indignities and humiliation African-Americans suffered not so long ago.

seeing tears streaming down the faces of people of all races and ages

seeing the president get his groove on and mean it

listening to Beyonce sing "At Last", doing a bang up job, looking beautiful, and being from H-Town!

seeing G-Dubya get on that helicopter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will NOT miss you, (but appreciate that you tried to serve our country.)

watching Barack come down the lonely hallway of the capitol about to walk out to the throngs of people - THAT gets me every time.

knowing that our country is so civilized and our constitution and forefathers is/were so BRILLIANT.

Hail to our new Chief!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I loved it too! I thought Michelle looked a little frazzled at times. Not that I wouldn't.... I mean who wouldn't have been? She/They must have been thrilled, scared, overwhelmed...

I was also marveling at our great country and forefathers. So glad we live in the USA!!

Clarissa said...

i know! was it not awe-inspiring?!?! I wish i could have been in front of a tv all day to soak it all in. i watched a lot on the computer at work (oops!), but wasn't able to devote all my attention to it like i wanted to.
i don't know why he wants the job, but god bless him for being smart, inspiring and REAL!