Friday, January 9, 2009

A New Day

Well, I have seriously loved reading your responses to my "sitcheeeayshun". You have shared so honestly and generously and there is nothing I like more in the world than feeling I am not alone. I have read and reread your words and I feel a little bit better thanks to each of you. Big internet hugs to all of you. I wish you were here in the living room and we could brew up some coffee and chat fur rrreeaall. I am so glad to know each of you.

I'll keep you updated, but I'm going to move on from this nastiness starting now.

Do you have new year's resolutions? I kinda call them wishes, because it's so rare that I stick to them. Does that make me suck - no - just normal I like to think.

Here's mine. Feel free to post yours in the comments!

1. Relax. R.E.L.A.X. (not my body - my mind.)
2. Organize my life just a wee bit more
3. Reduce, reuse, recycle! I can't believe our city doesn't offer curbside recycling. Travesty.
4. Be nicer to my dogs
5. Meal plan on Sunday for the entire week
6. Eat out less
7. Restructure my bidness
8. Be firmer with the grandparents about my expectations for the kidlets. (Remember we see them a lot more than most peeps see their grandparents.)
9. Get more exercise
10. Spend less money
11. Learn to sew (in progress!)
12. Craft more, make things (I used to love scrapbooking...then business got in the way)
13. Take pictures just for fun!
14. Take a self-portrait every day. Yikers, this will be hard.
15. De-clutter my life (this means YOU house)
16. Make a garden
17. LOTS LESS STARBUCKS (in progress!)
18. No yelling at the Bean when she frustrates me to no end
AND FOR THE UMPTEENTH YEAR IN A ROW....
19. Send out birthday greetings and prezzies ON TIME

3 comments:

Clarissa said...

good girl! i hope all your wishes come true! :))

Stephanie said...

Good ones! I may post mine on my blog. Then, maybe I will have some accountability.

Tonya said...

You're accountable to all of us now! You go girl! Maybe you and Clarissa can share sewing tips. Heard she got a new machine for Christmas! As for my wishes/resolutions....I want to be running 20 miles a WEEK by June. I've just started up again and can only do 3 miles at a time without dying. Remember how 5-7 was no big deal?? I want to be there again!!!